Terms and conditions
Conditions of Hire for the Self Catering Holiday Let
1.The contract of hire shall be between the Hirer and the Property Owners, (John Pile & Jayne Farmar,and subject to the Conditions of Hire. The contract of hire is not effective until written or, electronic confirmation of the booking is dispatched to the hirer.
2. Terms are quoted Saturday to Saturday, in £ per week. We reserve the right to amend prices without notice.
3. Provisional bookings made by telephone, or email, must be followed by receipt of the booking form and deposit of 50%, non refundable, within 7 days. Until the deposit is received, any reservation made is provisional and may be varied, or cancelled without notice.
The balance, (plus pet charge(s) if applicable), is payable 28 days before the start of the holiday period, (no reminder is normally issued) and is non returnable in the event of cancellation after that date. We reserve the right to re-
4. Upon payment of the deposit and subject to acceptance of the booking, the hirer becomes liable for the balance of the rental.
5. When booking a holiday 28 days, or less, before the start of the holiday, total amount of rental is required.
6. In the event of cancellation, the full rental must be paid. Hirers may therefore wish to consider holiday insurance. If we are able to re-
Bookings will not be accepted from persons under the age of 18 and parties comprising young persons only. We reserve the right to refuse bookings solely at our discretion. To comply with local authority planning regulations, we may need from time to time to supply the names and addresses of visitors to the holiday bungalow.
There is an additional charge of £15.00 per pet, per week. We ask you to keep your pets under strict control; they should not be allowed to foul gardens, or communal areas. Bedding and eating utensils should be provided by hirers. Pets should not be allowed on the beds and furniture. Hirers will be liable for any damage caused by pets and are asked to remove all evidence of their pets (e.g. dog hairs) before departure.
9. The maximum number of people (including babies 0-
10. The property will be furnished and equipped for the maximum of 6 people, as stated in the description, including additional blankets, but hirers will be required to supply their own sheets, pillow slips, towels and other linen. If duvets are preferred to blankets, then they must be supplied by hirers. Should these items be hired from the owners, there is an additional charge of £6.00 per person per week.
The cot, if requested, will be supplied with a mattress, but without blankets. The high chair if requested, will be supplied without a harness.
Running costs, for heating and appliances, powered by electricity only, is EXCLUDED from the rental price. Hirers will need to provide £1.00 coins for the electricity slot meter.
If the property is unavailable on the day stated, due to circumstances beyond our control, all monies paid will be repaid without question. Every endeavour will be made to find a similar property, but no further liability will fall upon us (the owners).
12. If the hirer, on arrival, is not satisfied with the accommodation provided, he, or she, must inform us (the owners) immediately. Complaints cannot be accepted if made after the holiday. We shall take every step to ensure complaints are dealt with speedily. We ask you to confirm all complaints in writing.
13. If any appliance, or anything in the property, does not operate correctly during the holiday, please advise us, (the owners), immediately, so it can be replaced, or receive the required attention.
14. VALUABLES & POSSESSIONS.
We cannot guarantee the security of your vehicle, or personal possessions, whilst within the curtilage of the property and we cannot be held liable for any loss, or damage thereto, for any cause whatsoever.
You may therefore wish to review your home contents/ holiday insurance, before travelling.
15. Visitors will be liable for breakages caused during their occupation and will be expected to leave the property (particularly kitchen utensils and appliances) clean and tidy.
16. ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES
The property must be vacated by 10.00 am on the day of departure, to allow time for inventory checking and cleaning, ready for next arrivals. New arrivals may enter after 2.00 pm.
Keys will be handed over on arrival, when we meet and greet you at the bungalow.
At the end of your holiday, having locked the front and back doors, please post the keys through the letter box of the property.
In the event of loss of key, a charge of £10.00 will be made for a replacement.